In this episode we discuss the habits, mindsets and of course the mental tricks that “Rich People” use to get rich and stay rich. What the rich do is no secret. Most of what they do is very well documented across history. The mental habits that they possess tends to be elusive for most people and that is why becoming rich has become a difficult task for many individuals. Even great athletes have coaches to help them become better masters of their trades and we welcome you to fine tune your skills through our coaching program. Go to our website www.SiasFirst.com and click on the Free Coaching call tab to get your free coaching call and the promised 6 free books. Join the conversation on Facebook @SiasFirst or on Twitter @BusinessBrosPod. Music by www.bensound.com
Courtesy of Tim & Julie Harris Real Estate Coaching
When we think about being rich, it’s often only about the material opportunities that being rich provides. But what about the mental traits and habits that help rich people attain and keep that wealth? You’ll be surprised how many of these mental habits are critical to being wealthy in real estate.
- They set their expectations and goals higher than ‘normal’ people do. They set what most would consider to be ‘unreasonably high’ goals! When you’re aiming at the target, down field, as an archer, do you aim at, below or above your target if you wish to hit it? RULE: It’s ok to fall a little short of a big goal…it’s not ok to not have the goal at all!
- They are comfortable being uncomfortable. They don’t wait to perfect their skills. They understand earning while they learn… Make the commitment today to stop “getting ready to get started, to someday feel like implementing, if the mood strikes and it’s not raining” Use the affirmation; “I’m a do-er, I get things done, I do things now!”
- They have a mindset of abundance not of fear and scarcity. Because of this, they are ‘ok with making, having and creating wealth’. They’re not ‘weird’ about making money! They understand that money is the result of being of service to others, and don’t apologize for their success.
- They remain in curiosity and out of ego. They never say things like, “yea, I already know that… “ Warren Buffet is a great example of someone always actively learning, actively assimilating new studies into his outlook, his speeches, his expertise. Napoleon Hill said, “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.”
- They are consciously seeking new and improved exposure to success. Art auctions, museum events, charity functions, things they’re curious about. Don’t just focus on people successful in real estate. Think more like Napoleon Hill did Study’ success. Get out of your natural comfort zone. Preview homes that are 2 or 3 times your average sale price!
- They don’t give up or give in easily. They don’t stop at the first ‘no’, they don’t call it quits when they don’t get immediate gratification. ‘Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.’ Winston Churchill. The ‘close’ of a sales transaction typically happens after asking 5 to 8 times!! How fast do YOU give up?
- They don’t measure their success by others, instead they measure it based on their individual yardstick are they meeting or exceeding THEIR OWN goals . They’re not in the ego-hamster-wheel of always having to best their competition. Refer to your Real Estate Treasure Map! How many listings do you need at all times to meet or exceed your goals.
- They concentrate more on their own news than on what’s on the news. They are media-free.
- They are not dependent on market conditions, someone or something else determining their trajectory. “If it’s meant to be, it’s up to me!” Absolutely zero tolerance for the victim mentality!
- They show their intentions through actions more than through words and wishes. “Suck it up, buttercup.”or as Colin Powell said, “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” They simply do the work.
- They are not screwed up about who they are or what they stand for. The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty. Zig Ziglar. They know that doing what’s right for their client will always be the right thing and that their income is the result of that hard work.